In relation to our purpose to promote a general program of educational, athletic, and recreational activities for the purpose of helping youth in their physical and intellectual development, their social integration, and their spiritual birth and growth in Jesus Christ, we, as the Board of Directors of Hospitality House Youth Development, hereby adopt as our Basis of Faith the following:
- The sixty-six canonical books of the Bible as originally written were inspired of God, hence free from error. They constitute the only infallible guide in faith and practice.
- There is one God, the creator and preserver of all things, infinite in being and perfection. He exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, who are of one substance and equal in power and glory.
Man, created in the image of God, through disobedience fell from his sinless state at the suggestion of Satan. This fall plunged man into a state of sin and spiritual death, and brought upon the entire race the sentence of eternal death. From this condition man can be saved only by the grace of God, through faith, on the basis of the work of Christ, and by the agency of the Holy Spirit.
- The eternally pre-existent Son became incarnate without human father, by being born of the virgin Mary. Thus, in the Lord Jesus Christ, divine and human natures were united in one person, both natures being whole, perfect and distinct. To effect salvation, He lived a sinless life and died on the cross as the sinner’s substitute, in the body which had been laid in the tomb. He ascended to the right hand of the Father, where He performs the ministry of intercession. He shall come again, personally and visibly, to complete His saving work and to consummate the eternal plan of God.
- The Holy Spirit is the third entity of the Triune God which applies to man the work of Christ. By justification and adoption man is given a right standing before God; by regeneration, sanctification, and glorification man’s nature is renewed.
- The believer, having turned to God in penitent faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, is accountable to God for living a life separated from sin and characterized by the fruit of the Spirit. It is his responsibility to contribute by work and deed to the universal spread of the Gospel.
- At the end of the age the bodies of the dead shall be raised. The righteous shall enter into full possession of eternal bliss in the presence of God, and the wicked shall be condemned to eternal death.